Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Dressing Rafael in Gold




Dressing Rafael in Gold

In honor of the arrival of Simon, a talented photographer friend whom I met in Bangkok and who is visiting me in Mexico from his home in Germany, I threw a little party; a violin recital with a ballet performance, in my studio. Naturally, it was a costumed event, in which I dressed my guests in costumes of my design. It was possibly the most magical party I have ever hosted; the music was exquisite, the dancing superb, the atmosphere festive and jovial. I recently made a collection of hoop skirts and floor length gowns for my female guests; it was the first time they had been worn at an event; the sight of my friends so dressed, as I unexpectedly turned a corner or wandered into a room, made me feel that I had accidentally fallen into another era, rather more glamorous than our own. Here I am before the guests arrived, dressing my beloved Rafael for the party in his new costume of gold and pearls. Photos of the party follow! Go to My Blog and see the rest of the pictures!

No comments: